Teaching Stuff



I created these little charts to help my kids remember the difference between the 6 and the 9. I have a saying called "six kicks and nine shines."  I tell them that circle of the six sits on the ground like a ball (six kicks). I tell them that the circle on a nine sits in the sky like the sun (nine shines). This has really helped them to remember the difference. I am not sure where the idea came from (a teacher friend shared it with me). I created these posters as a visual aide for my kids.

I created this place value display to help my kids with their ones and tens. In the past I used the common place value pocket chart but it was hard for the kids to see inside the pockets and very difficult for them to manipulate. Each day we change the ones place to count the days of school. I placed my number cards on index card rings, and I glued magnets to the back of place value blocks and that is basically it.  These numbers are a freebie in my tpt store if you would like to try it.
 

 
I created these digraph posters for ch, sh, ph, th, and wh because some of my kinders are ready for this skill. I keep these posted and we review them every morning as part of our morning routine. Our morning routine consists of two letter sound songs from you tube, one alphabet chart review,  one blend chart review, snapping tapping and clapping our word wall words, counting our days in school, and reviewing these digraph posters.
 These posters are also available in my tpt store for 1.00!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
We created these adorable "Mr. Turkey" crafts that I created this morning. Our writing that will go along with the craft says "Mr. Turkey, Mr. Turkey, Who Do You See? I see _______ chasing after me!" They will draw a picture of themselves chasing the turkey. You can get this craft in my TPT store. Click below!
 
 







 
I worked this weekend on some predictable readers that are Thanksgiving themed. I will use these during my guided reading sessions. After reading each book, students will cut and paste their own sight word sentence together that matches the "predictable" sentences in the books.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I created these little robots for our Halloween Party this week. I found this idea on Pinterest. I used juice barrels for the body, applesauce for the head, smarties for the arms, and nerds for the feet.
 
 
 
 
 
 This is a picture of my kiddos working on their bat book fact sort. We read the emergent reader book together, and then sorted bat facts. I use these plates while my kids are cutting to make sure that pieces are not lost. These plates are a must have!
This little craft is super simple. All you need are plastic cups,  popsicle sticks, and my bat template. Students color and cut out the bat. Glue the bat to a popsicle stick. Push the stick through a hole in the cup and glue the little tag to the other end of the stick. Simple as that. Students can make the bat move up and down in the cave.
 
 
 
The above pictures are some printables that I created to use during my bat theme this week. This pack has 10 bat themed activities to use with my kindergarten kiddos. I included a bat themed emergent reader to give my kids some bat themed facts. I also created a bat hat, bat labeling, bat can have are chart, bat addition, bat sentence builder, bat rhyming, and bat beginning sounds. I think my kids will like it. It is for sale in my TPT store. Thanks for looking!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 



Here are some pics from my new Thanksgiving Common Core Printable pack that I finished this weekend.  I enjoyed creating this packet as it got me in the mood for the holidays. I also noticed that I was able to start putting in some higher level thinking skills as my kinders are really beginning to "take off" now. As always, I tried to price this packet very reasonable ($2.25) for 45 pages. I always try to think about what I would like to pay for items when I am pricing them. Thanks for looking!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I created this little Turkey Day craft to use as a hallway display. Students will write about what they think the Turkey will eat for Thanksgiving Day. The template for the turkey and three writing prompts are available in my tpt store.  Click the link below to see it.


Get Your Turkey Here!
QuickEdit
Crystal McGinnis
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment