100th Day


We have finally reached the 100th day of school. We celebrated the 100th day on March 17th, which was also St. Patrick's day. We usually have the 100th day of school in January. We have had more snow days this year than any other year that I can remember since I have been teaching. (27 snow days to be exact.) Here is a sneak peak into our 100th day activities.


This is the banner that I hung up on my door. I wanted my kids to feel proud that they had made it to day 100.
 
 
 
I hung up balloons all over our classroom. Inside the balloons I had messages that gave us "100 things to do." Some of the messages read "hunt 100 pieces of candy," "do 100 jumping jacks," "find the number 100 hidden around the room" etc. The kids LOVED popping these throughout the day and completing the tasks. I told the students that I was watching for the best behaved student to pop the next balloon. It was amazing what an incentive this was.
 
This is a little "When I am 100 Book" that we created.


I loved this page. This student said when he was 100, he would not be good at playing basketball.

This little girl said that when she is 100, she will be good at baking cookies.
 
 
We had 100 snacks and counted and sorted our snacks on this snack mat. Students had to put 10 snacks in each section to make 100 snacks.
We created self portraits of what we will look like when we are 100.
 

 

We played a game called race to 100. Students rolled a dice and colored in that number of squares. The first person to color in all of the squares was the winner.
We each brought in a 100 day collection. We counted our collections on these counting mats (counting by 10's)

 
We wrote 100 words and created a book of our words. (We did these as a table)

 
We read 100 words (not all at the same time, but sporadically throughout the day).
 
 
Our 100th day activities were so much fun! I am so proud of what my kinders have learned their first 100 days this year!  All of the activities, and more, are part of my 100th day pack. Click below to see it!
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



QuickEdit
Crystal McGinnis
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment