Summer Practice


 
 
Summer Practice Packet
 
I am really excited about the summer packet that I just completed. I have had several parents ask me for extra practice this year, so I decided this was the perfect way to keep my kids practicing their math, reading, and writing skills during the summer months. We have worked so hard to become independent readers and writers, and I definitely do not want my kinders to regress while they are away from school. Here is what I came up with.
 
 
 
I will purchase these 2 pocket folders from Wal-Mart. I will put this Summer Practice cover on the front of the folder.

 
Inside the folder I will have three sections. (Math Printables, Reading & Writing Printables, and Just For Fun Activities.) I will also include a Summer Writing Journal so that my kids can keep writing throughout the summer. That is the skill that they will definitely lose if they do not practice, practice, practice.


 






 
 


 
 
 
 
Here is the journal that I will send home with my kinders in their Summer Practice Folder. I have also attached a letter that explains to parents how to help their kinders with writing. Often parents are very unsure of how much assistance they should provide, so I tried to include some tips to help.
 
 
 I have also included this little book called "My Favorite Summer Days." Students can use this book to write down some of their favorite summer activities.
 
 
 
I have also included a section of "Just For Fun" activities in my packet. On each page I have provided 6 just for fun activities (that are Common Core aligned). An example includes "write your numbers as far as you can with sidewalk chalk." After students complete each activity, they color in the sunshine. When an entire page has been colored in, her or she gets a reward (from parents).
 
 
 
Clicking on the link below will take you to my TPT store. Here you can purchase this summer packet. Thanks for looking!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 









QuickEdit
Crystal McGinnis
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment