Chevron Theme


This year I have decided to completely change the theme of my classroom. I am going to go with a bright Chevron theme. I loved this set of backgrounds when I found them, so I have began creating my Chevron themed posters. Here is what I have so far.

 
 
Alphabet Posters

 
 
 
 
This picture shows my objective board. I created this board to place the objectives that I will be teaching for the week. I teach kindergarten and I do not write the objectives that I will be teaching. Instead, I place objects on my objective board such as our letter of the week, sight words for the week, examples of our math activities etc. I try to keep my objective board "kindergarten friendly."
 
 
 
 
 
Color Charts
 


 
 
 
Here are the color charts displayed in my classroom. They coordinate really well with this polka dot border.
 
 
 
Number Charts 1-20
 
 
 
 
 
Number Poem Formation Charts
 
 
 
 
 
 
This year I decided to create a bulletin board that is devoted just to displaying my student's amazing work.

 
This is my "caring kid" wall. Each week I choose one student to be my "caring kid." I place their picture on my caring kids wall beneath the month header. I decide who is my caring kid by choosing someone who is respectful and responsible in the classroom. My caring kid also gets a crown to wear and special classroom jobs to do.

 
This is my news board. I keep my lunch menus, calendars, etc. here.

 
This is an example of the table numbers that I have hanging above my tables. You can grab a set of these for free by clicking here.

 
These are my new chevron curtains. I purchased the material at Hobby Lobby. 



Shapes and Numbers
 

 
Reward Tickets-here is the reward system that my school uses. Each time a student is caught being good, he or she is given a ticket to place in this chart. When the chart is filled, the entire class will get a reward. This works perfectly as all of the students work together for a common reward.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






QuickEdit
Crystal McGinnis
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment