Literacy Centers With Spoons


 I am always trying to come up with new math and literacy centers for my classroom. This week I created this set of literacy stations that use spoons as a prop. I bought a box of 100 count plastic spoons at Wal-Mart. I used a sharpie marker to create my centers. Here is what I came up with. 
 
 
 
My upper level students will use this center. They will read the cvc word that was written on the spoon, and they will match it to the cvc picture that is on the spoon printable.



 
My middle level students will complete this set of spoon centers. They will match a letter on the spoon to the picture on the printable that begins with that letter.


 
 
My kids will find the missing vowel on the spoon printable. They will then match the vowel on the plastic spoon to the word with the missing letter. This will help reinforce the vowel sounds.

 
My kids who are still learning the alphabet will use this center to practice ordering the letters of the alphabet. They will order their spoons from A to Z.
 
 
This center will also give my students a chance to practice their alphabet recognition. Students will match an uppercase letter spoon to the lowercase match on the spoon printable.
 
 
If you are interested in my spoon literacy centers, click the link below to see them in my TPT store. Thanks for looking!
 
Learning To Read With Spoons! Literacy Center or Small Gro
 
 
Get My Spoon Centers By Clicking Here








I also created these clip-it cards. These are so simple to make, and the kids love them. Students read three words and place a clip on the word matching the picture. Simple as that. I keep these cards in my literacy center.


You can get them by clicking this link.

CVC Words Clip It Cards! Literacy Center Activity (32 Cards)


 
 




QuickEdit
Crystal McGinnis
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment