Poetry Shared Reading in Kindergarten


   


This week I will be beginning a poetry notebook in my kindergarten classroom. We will use each of our poems as a shared reading and then we will add it to our notebook. The poems that we will use will all be sight word poems. These poems will focus on our sight word of the week. We will highlight our sight words as we are reading the poem. We will also focus on concepts of print, rhyming, punctuation, and more.















These poems come from my sight word poems set. I created 40 sight word poems to place in our poetry notebook. Click here to see more poems or to get them for your classroom.



Later in the year we will add to the poetry notebooks. We will add Fall Poems, Christmas Poems, Spring Poems, and more!










QuickEdit
Crystal McGinnis
8 Comments

8 comments:

  1. That’s a wonderful post on Poetry Shared Reading in Kindergarten. I also started poetry notebook in my Phoenix kindergarten class. Trust me dear my students really enjoy reading and listening poetries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello thank you ! Im teaching english to my nieces and its going to be fun with these poems !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello thank you ! Im teaching english to my nieces and its going to be fun with these poems !

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful poems, My Kindergarten class will love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice poems, my son loves them, can I see all of them or can I download or save them.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work, congratulations!
    Sincerly, Mago

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these poems! They're perfect to teach my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you looking for the best preschool in India for your kids? If yes, click on the links given below. We are the leading Preschool Franchisee in India. Preschool in Vapi

    ReplyDelete