Behavior Specific Clip Chart For Those Kids Who Can't Remember Why They Moved Their Clip





“I Don’t Know Why I Moved My Clip”

I created this clip chart to use as a tool to monitor classroom behavior. In the past, I used a traditional clip chart, but honestly I just couldn’t seem to remember why my kids moved their clips at the end of the day.  I was mentally exhausted, and when I asked them why they moved their clip, I kept getting the same answer- “I DON’T KNOW.” This was my solution to that problem. Now I can quickly glance at the chart to see what issues my kinders have throughout the day. If my students have several clips on the chart with their name on them, then I make parent contact through a written note at the end of the day.

You can also use this clip chart alongside a traditional color coded clip chart. Your students can place his or her clip on the traditional color chart, and then also place a clip on the behavior on this clip chart. You choose what works in your classroom.


Write students' names on clothespins. As your students have behavior issues throughout the day, they place their clip on the specific behavior. If they have multiple behavior issues, you may need to add extra clips for certain students. Use this chart as a visual reminder for your class, to document behavior at the end of the day, or as a way to monitor consequences. 




QuickEdit
Crystal McGinnis
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment